Monday, May 11, 2009

Exam Day!

Chris left just a few minutes ago to head to work. He will do is regular morning routine but then at 8:30 he will head into a room with just a few other people and sit for five hours taking actuarial exam number 7. This is a big day for us. If he passes this exam he officially becomes an Associate Actuary, keeps his job at Sentry, gets a raise, we get paid back for the sitting fee for the exam, and with the new title he gets job security that no matter how long it takes him to pass the last two exams he cannot be fired for failure to pass anymore. This is huge. If he doesn't pass...well it terrifies me to even think about that scenario. I don't want him to lose his job, I don't want to have to try and find another job somewhere in the country and move in a hurry. I don't want to have to rush to find another house for us to live in. This scenario is not fun to think about.
We won't actually find out the results until mid-July but I am hoping he is going to come home from this exam the same way he came home from number three, by saying "If I didn't pass that I don't belong in this field".
This whole process is very stressful for Chris; all the studying, all the pressure, and not feeling confident in your job unless you pass. I know that this is so hard on him.

So, if you read this and could please think good thoughts, cross your fingers and/or pray for Chris this morning that would be wonderful.

Happy Exam Monday!

No comments: