Sunday, February 15, 2009

so much

First, Sam bled for the first time on Friday (besides the bleeding that happens from getting shots). I was vaccuming the stairs and away from her for just a few minutes. When I heard her scream I looked over and she was bleeding just above her eye. She had fallen and hit her head on the side of our coffee table and split open her eye lid! I was terrified. I couldn't tell how deep or big it was. There was only a little bit of blood so I didn't think it could be that bad but I was still scared. Because of the low amount of bleeding we decided it was just a small cut and shouldn't need medical attention. He cleaned her up and put neosporin on it. She has a bruise and a pretty ugly looking cut but otherwise she is fine. You will see the cut in pictures in a bit!

How was your Valentine's? Chris and I have never really liked this holiday. I don't really care about it so he uses that as his excuse to not have to do anything. It's really fine with me; I would much rather have him surprise me other times of the year with flowers, candy, gifts, and romance at other times throughout the year (which he does). So it worked out great that Chris's parents were able to come up this weekend for a visit. We had an awesome visit and they got to see all of Sam's new tricks/skills. Sam also got her first birthday gifts and had so much fun playing with her new toys.

Here a few pictures from our weekend. The weather cooperated for long enough that we could go for a short walk.

We saw a bald eagle soaring over us!
Okay, I'm tired so I will tell you more about the weekend and share more pictures tomorrow!

No comments: