Wednesday, February 11, 2009

daycare

I love it and hate it at the same time.
This morning was a rough morning. Sam has a pretty gross runny nose and she HATES having it wiped, but I cannot just watch the snot run down her face and into her mouth! YUCK! So all morning I was wiping her nose against the worst squirming and screaming protest. She refused to eat breakfast, didn't want to be put down (which makes getting myself dressed very difficult), and threw little Sam tantrums every time I refused to let her play with certain items in the bathroom. I was reaching my patience limit with her and we had only been awake for an hour. She was just so fussy.
As I was putting my screaming child into the car to go to daycare I was thinking THANK GOD for Andrea because this is one of those days that going and sitting in my lonely, cold basement office sounds wonderful. When we got to daycare Sam could not have been more excited. She walked (with assistance) right over to Andrea, gave her the biggest smile and then when picked up hugged Andrea (head on shoulder) until I walked out the door.
While I was glad to be passing over my fussy child I was also really sad that she was clearly SO happy to see someone else. I didn't get a hug like that this morning. Was she as sick of me as I was of her? Does she lose her patience with me? I have never thought of it that way before.
I am hoping when I pick her up at noon this will be one of the few days when she is happy to see me and go home with me and NOT one of the days when she screams as we leave Andrea's house.

No comments: