Thursday, February 19, 2009

night/morning from hell

She didn't sleep. I don't know why but the loving, beautiful, offspring of mine chose not to sleep last night. She cried, whined, yelled, or just rolled around until I gave in around 2:45 and gave her a bottle. We changed her diaper three times during the course of the night (once poopy so okay fine I wouldn't want to sleep in that either, but twice it was just REALLY wet; is she drinking too much bath water? and now that she has discovered a love of her bath water how do we get her to stop so she won't pee so much at night? Especially since she doesn't even need the little cups to drink it, if we take those away she just proceeds to put her whole face in the water and drink!). I hate the nights when she doesn't sleep because I just get so frustrated and angry at my lack of sleep that it sets me in a bad mood for the whole next day and I love Thursdays so that really sucks.
This morning would have been great because post-bottle Sam was sleeping great and I was sleeping in a bit until just before 7:00am after my husband had gotten up, dressed, and out of the house virtually undetected the dog decided to BARK! Damn dog (anyone want a golden retreiver?). Good morning Sam and mommy! But it was not a good morning because Sam was still exhausted and fussy but since she was awake I decided that getting to work on time should probably happen so we got up and got going.
Then when we arrived at daycare, of course all of Sam's fussiness disappeared; whatever. And I was handed a bottle from Andrea who said "I don't need this anymore. She won't take the bottle for me, she just wants her cup!" WHAT? I can barely get her to have a sip of juice from her cup and Andrea is getting her to take full bottles from it? Good grief. We have now bought several of the same kind of cups that Andrea is using and will start trying that at home as well. If she can do it SO CAN I!

The one highlight of the morning (be prepared to be sad that I would call THIS a highlight!) was that I discovered one location where the dump trucks have been taking all the snow from the parking lots around here! I spotted a dump truck pulling into a dirt road and realized that back behind some trees there was a field with a HUGE mountain of snow! I have always wondered where those trucks were going...mystery solved. One less thing for me to ponder.

Hope your Thursday is going better. Survivor, Grey's and Bones better be good tonight!

No comments: