Wednesday, February 18, 2009

a ruined meal

Have you heard the story from when I was pregnant about how I cried over cold Applebees french fries? Well, for the few of you that have some how missed making fun of me for this...here is the story.
When I was pregnant with Sam I wanted Applebees-To-Go ALL THE TIME! And I ate the same thing every time we got it. Well, one night Chris went and picked it up got all the way home and my order was wrong. Not just a little wrong but instead of my chicken wrap there were RIBS! He was thrilled because it was more food for him but I was so upset I started crying. He called Applebees to find out what they could do. So, he went back to pick up my food. I went with him and on the way to Applebees I started crying because I was so worried that my food would have been sitting in the kitchen the whole time getting cold; my french fries would be cold and ruined. I made Chris call Applebees to make sure that the fries were freshly made. Crazy I know but I love my Applebees french fries!
The reason I bring this up is because if I were pregant right now I would have been BAWLING tonight not just crying. We ordered, I went to pick it up and everything went down hill from there. It took Applebees forever to come out to my car and bring me the food. I finally got the food and headed home. Then comes the train! It was long and I sat there for almost 10 minutes knowing that the food next to me was getting cold. Then the train stopped! I was so pissed at this point (gone from the house for almost 30 minutes) that I just had to turn around and go the LONG way home just to try and get home faster. When I finally got home the food was luke-warm at best, they had included a VERY small amount of my spinach-artichoke dip and the mozzerella sticks were not even close to warm. Dinner ruined! Damn Applebees. Damn train. I hate a good dinner that does not live up to the hype.
Okay, this was really long and pointless but I was so pissed by the whole thing I just needed to vent!

No comments: