Tuesday, December 9, 2008

okay maybe life is not so bad

So I have decided that MAYBE I just MIGHT be a little melodramatic! (Refer to several previous posts in the last few days!)
I am not sure why but since becoming a mom everything seems life and death, stuff that needs to be done MUST be done now. I don't seem to have great control over my feelings. Yes, Sam is having a difficult time with naps and sleeping right now but once she gets to sleep she sleeps through the night pretty well. Do other people have sleep problems WAY worse than that...YES! Should I feel blessed with the full nights sleep that I get most nights...YES! But sometimes in the middle of the day when I want to get stuff done it is really hard to feel blessed. I do know that my life is still really easy compared to many others and I feel terrible sometimes complaining at all about my small problems (burning Christmas cookies...does that even really count as a problem?). SO I am going to try harder to just let the little things go, to enjoy life for what it is right now.

Okay, so in that spirit...on to more exciting and interesting things, like baby toys! Have you heard that my sister and I have become obsessed with wood toys; I mean like sustainable, good for the environment, endless imagination, heirloom quality kind of wood toys. Get back to the basics! I have just totally fell in love with the simplicity, the options for imaginary play, the endless fun and the quality. Check out Plan Toys at www.plantoys.com or Haba at www.habausa.com . They have wooden toys even for newborns. Really, go check it out!

No comments: