Sunday, December 28, 2008

home!

I have two homes.
There is one home where I grew up, have more memories than I can count and always feel comfortable. I spent the last nine days at this home. It was wonderful to be home. I got to spend real quality time with all of my family, cook with my mom, shop with my mom and sister (grocery shopping counts!) and party with lots of people. Sure there was an ice storm, sick/crying/fussy/out-of-control kids, two trips to the emergency room, two trips to urgent care and sleepless nights for everyone but it was still a great visit. It wasn't the perfect Christmas and will probably always go down as "2008 The Sick Christmas!" but we made the best of it. I just hope we all recover quickly and get back to life as normal. But with all the problems, I sit here in my current home and want to get back in my car and go back to the comfort of being close to my family. I miss them immensely already. I hope they know how much we appreciate them, love them and are grateful that they let us invade their lives for nine days (Chris and I are pretty sure we wore out our welcome on day six or seven!!).
Here are some of the great moments from the week...



We are home now, unpacked, showered and getting ready to eat dinner. Chris and I are both sick (probably just colds) and Sam is still coughing really badly. I am hoping that the antibiotics will kick in soon and help her find some relief.
More to share but I am too tired so it will have to wait till tomorrow.

No comments: