Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Love the Long Weekend

I love long weekends.

We were able to travel for an overnight visit to see Chris's cousin Amanda graduate from high school, get yard work and house work done, have our very first real babysitter and go to a great outdoor party. What a great weekend.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the weekend with family.

This is Sam's Great Grandpa and her second cousin Dominic.

Meet cousin Siri and baby Eva. She is exactly one month older than Sam. Eva is such a sweet little girl and very beautiful. She is MUCH stronger than Sam but is the same size if not quite a bit smaller than Sam. While we were with the family Sam was referred to often as "the big girl" or some other name that involved her size. I know that it shouldn't but for some reason that bothers me. I know she has quickly become a large baby, but I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing or an unhealthy thing. I am anxious for Sam's next doctor's visit so she can be weighed, measured and have a doctor tell me that she is healthy and normal.
You all know Chris and Sam; meet Uncle Craig, Chris's brother. This was his first time to meet Samantha. Can you see the family resemblance? I don't know if it is just the long, crazy, dark hair or what but I definitely see Craig in Sam.
And I thought this was a great picture of Chris, to bad Sam was not cooperating.
After our visit with family we rushed home to get the house ready and ourselves ready for a party that we were going to and the babysitter that we had coming over. Our nanny came over about 3:00pm and stayed till around 8:30pm. She said that Sam was the calmest baby she has ever had! I was so relieved that everything went well. Our nanny is a little older than me and has four kids of her own. We were going to have her 16 daughter babysit for us but she had to cancel at the last minute so her mom agreed to do it. I am kind of glad that her mom did it this time because I was hoping to get some advice from other moms before I have our first "kid" babysitter. How do you politely discuss with babysitters your expectations of them? As a babysitter myself growing up I know how nice it is for parents to come home to dishes being done and toys being put away. I plan on paying pretty well, but for that money I expect to not have to clean up messes when I get home. Is there a polite way to express those expectations without having the babysitter think you are mean or crazy? Is it better to only deal with those things if dishes or meses are not dealt with rather than discussing it from the beginning? Moms out there any advice?

Here is Samantha today wearing what I have been told is called a "bubble" outfit. I think she looks pretty cute. And this is what a smile looks like right now!! I tried everything to turn these pictures around the right way but blogger is not letting them go the other way; sorry.

No comments: