Friday, May 23, 2008

Uneventful Week

Here we are at 6:30am this morning and this is pretty much what we have looked like every morning this week until around 10:00am when I finally get motivated to get up and get moving. So I know my daughter needs a haircut but I am so afraid to screw it up and make my two month old have her first bad haircut that I can't do anything about the long side burns, bangs that are almost in her eyes and rat tail/mullet that she has in the back. Instead I have decided to embrace her long hair! Bring on the bows.
I have been trying to capture her smile on camera but she moves so much that the pictures are super fuzzy or I miss the smile completely. Here is an attempt to catch her on video BUT you are required to turn OFF the sound on your computer because I sound ridiculous trying to get her to react to me and smile.



The big news of the week is that we have a nanny for Samantha. Starting June 2nd I will be going back to my job with the Wisconsin Environmental Education Association. It is just part time, 12 hours a week in the office and 8 hours from home. But I get to work on the member newsletter, conferences, member outings and lots of other fun and interesting stuff. It will be good for me to stay active in my field, have adults to talk to and interact with, and get a break from the house for just a little while each week. The nanny is actually the daughter of our next door neighbors. She has four children of her own, the youngest is 8, and runs a daycare out of her house during the school year. The kids that are in her daycare are teachers kids so she doesn't have them during the summer and is willing to come to our house to watch Sam. I think it is going to work out great.

Happy Friday!

No comments: