Wednesday, May 28, 2008

M Stands for...

...Mobile

This is our magical mobile.I don't know what it is about these weird animals and little balls but sometimes when NOTHING else will calm her down I can turn this thing on and hold her in front of it or lay her in bed and she will stop fussing and become completely captivated. It is made by a company called TinyLove and this was a hand-me-down from my Aunt Cindy and Uncle Jeff (THANK YOU!!). Tonight it was a life saver.

...Mosquitoes

We have the biggest, meanest, most aggressive mosquitoes up here. Chris and I thought at first that they were just bad in our yard because we live on very slow moving water but nope they are everywhere. Sam has actually already been bitten on her forehead. They are driving me nuts. Even in the middle of the day they are out and hungry. Polly our dog even got bitten on her nose and when Chris swatted the bug away it squished and blood came out! GROSS. Have you ever heard of a dog getting bitten?

...ME!
I thought an update on me was in order. I am headed back to work on Monday. Although my job with the Wisconsin Association for Environmental Education is not my dream job it is the perfect job for me right now. My bosses, the Board of Directors, are really amazing people that I love working for and have been so great working with me on how to make this job work with my new life. I get to work just 12 hours in the office and then 8 hours of flexible time that can be from home, in the evenings or bringing Sam into the office. I have also learned so many new skills with this job; like how to use Quickbooks, how to write and update newsletters, and I have gotten much more comfortable with Microsoft Access. Those may not sound like the most interesting or exciting skills but if I ever want to run my own environmental education center, be a director or program manager those skills will certainly be useful. Mostly I am just excited to get out of the house for a reason other than the grocery store, a trip to Target or a walk. I can't wait to be working on the newsletter, membership outings and conferences again. I am looking forward to all the member emails, phone calls and mailings. It will be nice to have something that is just mine again and has nothing to do with being a wife or a mom. That may sound selfish and horrible but I think keeping me happy and sane is really important to me being able to be a good wife and mom. Besides its only 12 hours a week; I think Sam will survive.

...okay this one doesn't start with an M....tummy time!
I know Sam is suppose to have tummy time to work on her ability to hold her head up but when I lay her on a blanket on the floor on her tummy she screams. My sister said I should just let her fuss, that she needed that tummy time. I was trying to think of other ways that I could help her work on her neck strength so today I laid her on the boppy on her stomach. I have no idea if this thing is suppose to be used this way, but she actually enjoyed it. We played and read while she laid there lifting her head and kicking her legs...until she fell asleep. I thought it was so cute how she just completely collapsed, so I had to take pictures.

Don't worry I didn't leave her like that for too long!

No comments: