Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I didn't think I would miss it

It wasn't something that I really ever loved doing. I thought I was ready to be done. But now, just a few days after loosing that connection, I am missing it.
Avery is weaned. She is a bottle drinking baby. I needed to make sure she was use to the bottle before our trip in August when she will be staying with my parents for a week. And I thought I would be excited to have my body back, to be done with leaking, soreness and watching what I consume. But there is a small part of it that I am missing.
Avery is not a cuddly baby. She can't be rocked to sleep, she doesn't fall asleep in my arms and she never lays her head on my shoulder. While drinking a bottle she is squirmy and easily distracted. But when we were feeding, skin to skin, just her and me she was calm and she was just mine. That time was more precious than I think I realized.
I forgot how much I hate washing bottles, filling bottles, finding bottles sitting around the house and packing bottles to go places.
A phase has ended and I wasn't prepared for just how sad I would be that it is over.
Avery will be crawling very soon. She is probably my last baby and she is growing up just too darn fast!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, there is still that box of boy clothes in your storage room. You are still very young, there's time for number 3. The new (someday) dining room table will seat 12, so the spot is here for when you visit! I'm just saying.