Monday, November 16, 2009

Whirlwind weekend

We had a quick visit to St. Louis this past weekend and it was great. Sam got to play a ton with her cousins which always makes me happy, we got to see some of the Kuhn extended family and even had Christmas morning! Yup, that's right. We celebrated Christmas.
My sister surprised me Saturday morning by having her house decorated for Christmas, all our traditional Christmas morning foods prepared, a Christmas tree and presents for Sam, Chris, the baby and I. As we pulled into her driveway, thinking we were meeting there for breakfast, they were all out on their front porch in Christmas jammies and started singing Christmas carols. I worked really hard to hold back the tears. I don't think I can even begin to describe how much this surprise meant to me. Missing Christmas with lots of family will be really hard and the fact that my sister thought about this and then stayed up all night working to create this big surprise is truly unbelievable. Best surprise! Thank you Aunt Jojo!
Since it was a surprise to me I didn't have my camera with me, so no pictures but trust me watching Sam open the few presents we could convince her to open, and watching her cousins beg to open the rest was very cute. And my sister in Christmas pajamas was pretty priceless too!

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from the rest of the weekend.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

great pics. and the surprise was very special, I agree. thanks JoJo - and if you haven't heard sam scream JOJO, well, just know you are missing an amazing sound! love,mom

amber said...

That is a fantastic surprise! How sweet. I feel your pain. Last year we missed Thanksgiving because I was pregant and not due for another month (but of course Bryce came 6 days after Thanksgiving). We did a webchat as my nephew opened his birthday presents and I fought back the tears the whole time. It is so hard to be so far away from your family especially during the holidays. We have a pretty good system...but it definitely hurts when the system is disrupted...even for a great reason like a new baby. Hang in there...that baby girl of yours will be here before you know it! Much love to you guys! :)
Cute pictures by the way...Sam is getting soo big...what a doll!