Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Gettin Crafty!

With many suggestions and much guidance from my sister, Sam and I are attempting to be crafty! I am not a creative person so even the thought of coloring with Sam puts a small twinge of fear into my mind. What will I color? How will I show her how when I don't know how? I know its totally irrational but whatever.
So we started small with "projects" that took multiple steps but were all very simple. We got paper and colored; I just handed her the crayons and encouraged her to put them on the paper, not the table. Then we got brave and painted! Jodie gave me all the steps on how to do this successfully and even though it makes quite a mess we both enjoy it! Then comes stickers. Sam loves putting stickers on her pictures, well on anything really, but she doesn't quite understand yet that the stickers are suppose to stay on the paper; oh well.
Anyway, with those three skills "mastered" here are some of the final projects we created.

This is for sure my favorite because I am hoping that we will actually keep it for a long time. I got the idea from somewhere and can't for the life of me remember where now. I cleaned out one of those Clorox wipes containers, peeled off the label and then when Sam was done decorating the cover I glued it to the container. Since I was unable to glue it on straight (HA!) I glued some ribbon onto the bottom to cover up my poor gluing skills! She now has a piggy bank that she helped to make.
And here was today's adventure. Please excuse the bed head and pajamas that she is wearing. We were feeling very lazy! We are starting to work on the first stage to a wintery kind of project that I am hoping will turn out cute enough to become fun gifts to mail out to friends and family. You will have to wait to see the finished project...if it works out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your "art" is great! Remember how I framed art work and hung it in the back hall on Lockwood like Grandma did at her house? You go girls!