Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Belated Happy Birthday!

It is horribly sad that I have to say a belated happy birthday on here to my own HUSBAND! Internet outage and an exhausting day meant no sweet, romantic, thoughtful happy birthday post for my poor husband yesterday. Just one way of many that his birthday went unnoticed. I had plans for Sam and I to make his birthday card but then of course the morning got away from me and she chose yesterday to take a super long nap and woke up just moments before he got home. Then the most important part of the birthday, the Enlund traditional carrot cake, turned out a slightly overdone, crooked, slightly broken apart mess! It still tastes okay but looks awful. I couldn't believe that I messed up his birthday cake. A while back he bought himself an IPod, so that was his birthday gift, which meant nothing to open yesterday.
I don't know why but it makes me sad to have birthday's go by so unnoticed. He got a lot of phone calls from friends and family; was even sang to TWICE over the phone! But it still made me sad that I didn't make the day more special for him.

SO, happy birthday Chris! Considering next year is a VERY big birthday I promise that I will do better. LOVE YA!

No comments: