Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Two month visit

Sam had her two month doctor's visit on Monday afternoon. She is more than two months old I know but we got a great Pediatrician who just happens to be very popular so she is very busy. Anyway I just wanted to update all the family on how Samantha is doing.

She got a full exam and everything looked great. They measured her head and she is in the 95% for head size. The measured her height and she is 23 3/4 inches tall and in the 95% for height. And they weighed her; she weighs 12lbs 10 oz and is in the 90% for weight. So the results are in...Sam is a big girl! But they say she is normal and healthy. They even told me that she doesn't have even the hint of a flat head! That was a relief for me.

She also got a whole serious of immunizations. I have never heard her scream like that but she calmed down fairly quickly afterward and has had no fever or major issues from the shots.

The big news for me was that on July 25 we go back for her four month visit. After that visit she can start eating cereal! The doc says that once she is on cereal she will need to breast feed a lot less. So my new goal is to make it with the breast feeding until that visit. Not saying I will quit then, just pushing myself to make it to that visit. Can't wait to see her eat cereal!

All in all it was a good visit and Sam did great.

No comments: