Saturday, March 29, 2008

Big Day!

Well, before I talk about our big day today I have to tell you all about my two discoveries from yesterday. Now these are both things that I am sure are no big deal to other moms but the fact that I figured out how to use them (the really amazing part is that I figured it out without help/advice from my sister!) was amazing. The first one was my sling!! My sister uses this a lot and I have been so excited to try it out. So yesterday was Sam's first sling experience and she almost immediately fell asleep. The hands-free-baby-holding ability is just incredible. I love it all ready. Aren't we cute?

The second discovery was the Boppy pillow. I had it in the closet in the nursery and remembered that it was in there when Kathy and I were going through Sam's clothes. Now I am using it every time I feed; hands-free feeding!! We both really love that pillow and it works great for us. Sorry no pictures of that...some things just can't be put on a blog!

So now on to our big day today. Kathy, Grandma, is staying with us and today offered to watch Sam for us so we could get out of the house and go to lunch. So I fed Sam and we headed out! It was a very quick lunch and I asked frequently if Chris thought we should call home to check on them, but everything went well. Sam pretty much slept through the whole thing! I will admit that I did miss her even though we were only gone a little over an hour. It was nice to get out of the house though. Thanks Grandma.
Then this afternoon we all headed out for ice cream. We bundled Sam up, loaded all of us into the car and went to Belts (which for St. Louis people is much like Ted Drewes in popularity for our small town). Once we all had our ice cream we headed for a short walk around the downtown area to enjoy the ice cream and 45 degree weather. It was wonderful to get to use our stroller again, Sam did much better this time, and ice cream is always a good thing! Here are a few pictures from our ice cream adventure.




Now we are all enjoying a quiet night watching March Madness.

What a great day!

No comments: