Monday, December 31, 2012

a little glitter goes a long way!

Some very special people will have a handmade card coming there way in the next week or so.

The girls and I started working on our Christmas present thank you cards. I am not sure if other parents still have their kids send thank you cards but I grew up doing them and think it is an important lesson for my kiddos. So, we got to work making some cute, crafty thank you notes to send to family and friends.

We started by making snow flakes.


Then glued the snowflakes onto a piece of folded over construction paper. We mixed glue and glitter together and "painted" the snowflakes with the glitter/glue mixture. This was definitely the girls favorite part.



They loved the finished covers. Now I just have to sit down with them and get them (I say them but really Sam will have to do all the writing!) to write the little thank you note on the inside. Not sure they will be as excited about this part!

Do you have your kids do thank you notes? Or is this completely old fashioned?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE them and think it is an important lesson