Tuesday, December 18, 2012

settled?

People keep asking if we are settled yet or settled into the new house yet. But honestly...I am not sure how to answer that. I love our new house. Our stuff is mostly unpacked. A few of my things are hung on walls and the girls are having a great time rediscovering their toys. The neighborhood seems filled with young kids and young families. But is all that what it takes to feel settled? When all of your things are in order and unpacked have you created a home?

I just don't think so. I think I need friends. A church. Friends for my kids. And a community that I know my way around. It's all that stuff that fills my heart with love and makes a new place feel like home. We had that in Stevens Point and more quickly than I ever expected we had all of that in Waunakee. I know I will find it again in Peoria but it takes time.

So, I guess to answer the question "are we settled in yet?" I would say "I am working on it and probably will be for quite some time".


If you are totally lost with what I am talking about (since I have not been on here since September!) let me fill you in a bit!

July - Chris took a new job in Peoria, IL
August - Chris left WI and during the week lived out of his parents house commuting to work an hour each way to Peoria, IL. The girls and I stayed in WI to sell our home.
September - Girls went to school, Chris worked and our house didn't sell.
October - Girls went to school, Chris worked and our house didn't sell.
November - Girls went to school, Chris worked, OUR HOUSE SOLD, we became homeless, found a new home and took a vacation to Cabo.
December - We moved into our new home in Dunlap, IL.

Now you are all caught up! Enough for today but I have decided to be back at this space a bit more regularly. So hopefully I will have recent photos and updates coming soon.

No comments: