Sunday, May 2, 2010

An Avery fix for the family!

She is almost four months old, which I cannot believe! We have her four month appointment on Wednesday so I will have her "stats" for you all then. But I wanted to give some of the day-to-day updates about Avery.
She is totally full of smiles.

And has started to giggle!



She loves being outside just as much as her sister did when she was little (even though she doesn't look that happy in this picture from today!).

She is rolling over from her stomach to her back and from side to side. She hasn't rolled onto her stomach yet but is very close to that as well. She scoots all around when she rolls too which is so funny. You put her down on a blanket and then come back a few minutes later and she is off the blanket, not on her stomach and facing a different way!
She is still breast feeding like a champ but we are now mixing in a bottle or two when I have to go to work. I am also so excited to start baby foods with her sometime soon. I will be making my own again and with the growing season just getting started I cannot wait to buy a ton of good local produce to make the baby food with!

She still isn't sleeping through the night mostly because I am too lazy to break of her late night feeding habits. It is just so much quicker and easier to feed her then to let her fuss it out. At some point I will break of this habit...but not yet.

She also still has the WORST cradle cap. The dried, crusty skin or whatever it is, that is on her head drives me nuts. I have tried scrubing it off, picking it off, combing it off, using lotions and even baby oil but her head usually just gets really red and irritated if I try to mess with it too much.

Okay, I think that is all the updates I have for now...did I miss anything?

2 comments:

LIFE AFTER RETIREMENT said...

Abbie - she is adorable! I love that you keep everyone up to date on her progress. She is doing quite well!

Katie said...

Abbie - your hair is as cute as the baby! I'm very supportive of this change. You have no idea how many people (including myself) WANT hair like that but its just not in the genes!