Tuesday, March 10, 2009

the tough questions

Is a board book that went in the toilet cleanable?

Do other mothers ever get sick of picking up the same toys day after day and actually think to themselves "no one is coming over, why should I bother picking them up"?

Is it ridiculous to create errands just to get out of the house when it is raining, cold and you are sick of being stuck inside?

At what age can you start teaching children to pick up their own toys?

At what age do they actually start picking up their own toys?

Do other moms get sick of singing the kiddie songs?

Is it totally crazy to want to spend money on decorations, games, food, take-homes and gifts for a one year old birthday party knowing that she will never remember it?

If I do go crazy on the first birthday party will I regret it afterward and think that it was unnecessary and silly OR will I love that I have the pictures and be happy that I celebrated a major milestone with friends and family?

Is a bike trailer (the kind that the kid rides in behind a bike) an okay first birthday gift even though it is kind of more for the parents than the kid?

After my crazy week last week of working so much today I find myself full of questions, doubt and confusion once again about being a mom. Maybe they aren't really the big, tough questions but it is the stuff on my mind today as I sit here listening to Sam talk and yell in her crib, NOT napping.

Happy Tuesday! What are you thinking about today?

No comments: