Sunday, September 26, 2010

a great weekend




I am tired. It has been a long time since I have done this much yard work in one weekend. I tore out bushes, cut back plants, trimmed bushes, weeded, planted mums and tackled areas of our backyard that have not been touched since we moved in.

But we are now ready for cooler temperatures. Well, not all the way. I still have to do all the "wintering" of the outside stuff. You know clean off all the toys and bring them in. Scrub down the furniture and get it stored away. Pack up hoses. etc.etc. Not excited for those chores but I think I still have at least a few more weeks before we start freezing at night.

We did get a little bit of time today to head to the Wauktoberfest; the Waunakee Traditional German Festival. We quickly learned that yesterday is when all the neat German activities and events were held (keg races, Euchre tournaments, sauerkraut eating contest, frau carry) and today was all about this...
They had six different giant bouncy things and Sam couldn't have been happier. She ran and played until, well I would like to say that she went until she was tired but really she went until we were so bored we couldn't take it anymore! But we visited with some of the other parents, drank some seasonal beverages (yes we were the parents drinking beer in the kids play area!) and ate a hot pretzel (no sauerkraut for us!).

It was a great weekend and a productive one.

Also, I have realized that not everyone that reads this blog might be heading over to the Greening Sam and Avery blog. I forget sometimes to post pictures here because I am posting stuff over there everyday. So if you ever need a photo fix of the girls (Chris and I are rarely in any of the pictures!) just head over there! But here are a few just in case you are aren't in a clicking over kind of mood!


Okay this next one was NOT posted on the greening site. I just found it in a photo folder and thought it was too funny. That is my moms kitchen sink! Sam loves having sink baths in Grandma's giant sink.

No comments: