Thursday, June 10, 2010

Morning bliss

So every morning this week my girls have slept in! No kidding I am able to wake up on my own, put my robe on, read a little and then listen for when my girls wake up. Now don't get too excited, its not like they are sleeping until 10:00am but several times this week it was past 8:00am!
But it has been so nice and it is totally crazy how much I am enjoying my mornings. The fact that I don't have to wake up to someone yelling "mommy I'm awake!", "mommy I am POOPY!" or just crying in general is an amazing thing. I can watch the first little bit of the Today show if I want to, I can watch Mike and Mike in the morning (a secret pleasure of mine!) if I want to and I don't have to watch Special Agent Oso anymore! YEAH! Do you know that show? (yes we watch a few shows in the morning; don't judge!) We found it on accident one morning and Sam loved it. I cannot stand one minute of it but like the lack of commercials on the disney channel so I would let her watch it. Either way, missing that show because she sleeps past it is a wonderful thing.
I am praying that my morning bliss continues, although now that I have blogged about it I am sure that is will be no longer. I wish I were like my dad and didn't believe that you could jinx things, but I do.

On another note....I am in love with this picture! Long story as to what she is doing but she stayed this way at the window for almost a half an hour! She loves those binoculars and I am in love with her very grown up way of standing in this picture. Her little diaperless bottom is just adorable to me (no she is not potty trained, we are having accidents all the time but I am just going with it and trying my best to be supportive and figure it out as we go!).
And this is what a five month old eating beets looks like! I was completely shocked but she LOVED the beets AND they don't STAIN! Thank goodness...THEY DO NOT STAIN! Chris thinks she looks like she a rabid animal when she is eating them...okay yes it does kind of look a bit like blood but whatever, she loves it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They are too cute! Sorry we missed you your last trip to STL. Hopefully we can catch up soon! Love ya! ~Tracy