Wednesday, December 8, 2010

we may never leave

My children don't like their coats. It takes us almost a half hour to get out the door when it is in the teens outside. The shoes/boots, coats, hats, gloves and sometimes even snow pants! They are all too much. Neither kid really fits in their car seats comfortably, forget about the stroller or backpack and there is no way I can hold Avery with all that on and get anything else done. Just a dropped baby waiting to happen! So for the most part when it drops below 20 we stay home. Like today. Besides preschool drop off and pick up we are staying home! And I am okay with that. We have been busy crafting, learning, working on Christmas projects and baking cookies. Today we took a stab at homemade meatballs with no recipe! We will see what Chris and the girls think tonight. I figured since I don't eat them what do I care what is in them...little bit of this, little bit of that! HA! Chris might think differently.
And just a few updates for all of you...
Sam is finally getting the hang of preschool (I know its only been three months right!). She knows how/when to help clean up, knows to keep her mittens on when she is outside and knows where she can and cannot go (took her a bit to realize she can go to the potty when she needs to!). She is enjoying herself and starting to really learn some things.
Avery is still my little sneaky baby. She let's me know whenever I have forgotten to put up the gate by getting up the stairs as fast as she can! She is walking behind toys now very smoothly and can crawl almost as fast as Sam can walk. She is waving, high fiving and clapping. Both girls are enjoying the Christmas tree and the Christmas cookies! Chris and I are trying to be good and not pack on too many pounds, but its the Holiday season and I think it is an unwritten rule that you must gain weight!

The girls watching the birds (or lack thereof right now! but they will find the feeders soon I am sure!)

And if you need some long underwear for your kiddos check out my giveaway on Greening!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Your girls are so adorable! I think you are an awesome mom too!!

Stephanie said...

Hi Abbie.
Wanted to let you know you won the stilts at Ordinary Life Magic!

I'll get your info to Craftmatter as soon as you get it to me!

:)

Congratulations!
Stephanie

Heidi Ahrens said...

Hey, Thank you for being such a great supporter of outdoorbabynetwork. I posted your small blog post. In the future we will have a section dedicated to this so your blog may move to that section when the time comes.

Please place out outdoorbabynetwork badge on your site and tell the world to join us.

Heidi Ahrens