Monday, February 8, 2010

A growing memory

Her mind is growing and growing fast! Sam is starting to really remember things that we read and is then able to recall them later. This new "trick" amazes me constantly. Yesterday while she was drinking a "treat" of some lemonade she told me how Maisy makes lemonade. Maisy is a book character and we have a whole book about how she makes lemonade. We had read this book the night before! Then this morning when I went into her room to get her out of bed she handed me her blanket and told me that Kiki had lost her blankie. Kiki is a monkey that loves her blankie and in the book that we have about Kiki her blankie flies away in a storm. We have been reading this book a lot lately. She has also started to really be able to sing songs, make the motions that go with songs and even remember some of the words that go with certain pictures in some of her favorite books.
It is crazy how fast she is learning and growing these days. I love it!

No comments: