Thursday, May 26, 2011

Summer FUN to do list

It has been a long time since I have posted on here...sorry about that to the two (or maybe three?) people that read this little blog. And I have lots of updates, photos and stories to share but those will have to wait. Today I want to talk about summer!

I am super excited for summer this year. The girls are a bit older now and a bit easier to have outside together. We are getting out a lot, playing a ton and ready to take on bigger and more exciting adventures. So, to get us motivated for all the summer fun I wanted to create a To Do List for us. Something we will keep posted in a visible spot (thanks sis for that idea!), that we can cross off the things that we have done and add new things as the summer goes on.

I want this summer to be all about making memories, having fun and spending time together as a family. I am hoping this list will help remind me of that goal and stay focused on HAVING FUN!

So, here is our list!


1. Camp over night at Devil's Lake State Park

2. Hike part of the Ice Age Trail

3. Build sand castles on a beach

4. Have a water fun party in our backyard with Sam's preschool friends

5. Bike ride to local restuarant and ice cream parlor

6. Go to a concert on the square

7. Canoe trip with family

8. Water park

9. Camp overnight in a different state!

10. Play-dates at the pool with friends

11. Water skiing or tubing (we have to find someone with a boat first!)

12. Add more loose parts to our backyard play area; stumps for climbing, logs for balancing, big tree cookies for stacking and building, etc.

13. Madison Farmer's Market (frequently!)

Now I challenge each of you to create your own Summer FUN To Do List. Let me know if you do cause I would love to steal some ideas from you!

No comments: