Thursday, December 16, 2010

Santa rocks!

My daughter gets it. I didn't think she would. I didn't think Santa would be a big deal this year but he is and she gets it. They made paper stockings at school and unprovoked my daughter covered her stocking in pictures of doll houses! NOT something that I had bought her for this year.
Oh well, no big deal. She will love what I got her and won't remember about that stocking.

Then we went to see Santa today and when he asked her what she wanted for Christmas she said, "A big house for my dolls." Are you kidding me? I can't seriously not bring her what she asks Santa for the first year she gets it! I can't fail her on the first year that she gets it.

So Santa will be changing his plans. All the gifts that are bought and ALREADY WRAPPED will be unwrapped and stored away for her birthday (only one is actually returnable; downside to buying so much handmade items!). We have ordered her the dollhouse. Santa won't have coordinating paper because the doll house is being shipped directly to Grandma's house (where we will be to get Santa's gifts) and I am not re-wrapping all of Avery's gifts just so they match the dollhouse. Hopefully she doesn't "get it" that much that she questions Santa's wrapping paper!

Anyone else having Santa drama this year?

GOOD GRIEF!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

Charlie saw santa yesterday. He told Santa he wanted a dinosaur. Um..what? I have heard nothing of a dinosaur. I have NO dinosaur. Guess I will be shopping. And ps on a side note-Emma shrieks at the top of her lungs when Santa is near, her nails literally dig into my skin and her legs wrap around me in a kung-fu mother hug hold. Couldn't even get a picture of her remotely close to Santa. LOL!

Holly said...

That is one gorgeous Santa picture! I'm not sure what I ever did to freak my kids out, but Ella and Lily won't even go near Santa and haven't for YEARS. I'm not even going to attempt it with kellan this year. He gets nervous when my dad(with a moustache) is around and he's seen him a million times. I can only imagine what he'd do if I dropped him in Santa's lap! Although, I'm tempted to try it just to see what happens.