Monday, September 29, 2008

I am wearing black.

I am mourning the death of my 26th year of life, it ended last night at midnight.

Today I am 27 years old. And not very happy about it.

Yesterday as I was walking into the grocery store wearing a field hockey t-shirt from my senior year of high school I realized that there are things that 27 year olds probably shouldn't do. Like still wearing t-shirts from high school! Still wondering what they are going to be when they grow up. Still having dreams of doing something that they have NO chance of ever becoming. Still biting their finger nails. Still keeping their eyes out for more antique, metal, cartoon lunch boxes and smurf/peanuts stuff (27 year olds are probably too smart to have stupid, money wasting collections). Still anxiously awaiting Christmas morning and wanting to wake up at 5:00am to see what Santa brought. Still sometimes wanting nothing but a bowl of cereal for dinner. No I don't think those are things that 27 years old should still be doing. So I don't want to be 27. In fact I think I would like to go back to the simple life of kindergarten. No worries just all coloring and playing on the playground (and NAP TIME!).

A bit melodramatic...yes, but I just hate getting older.

Okay, let's get this day going.

No comments: