Monday, January 4, 2010

Avery is in there laughing at me

I have had a few contractions. Saturday we got a lot of stuff done and throughout the day I would have minor (barely make me stop doing what I was doing) kind of contractions. I don't know if they are braxton hicks, pre-labor or what but they felt new and like something was getting ready to happen. So we got kind of excited, started doing last minute things to get ready thinking that surely this was the start and sometime Saturday night or Sunday we would be heading to the hospital. Saturday night/Sunday... NOTHING. Not one little contraction. I am pretty sure she was just messing with us. Then last night I had one, yes just ONE, contraction that was strong enough to wake me up at 3:45am. Which of course left me laying there for several hours waiting for the next one. It never came. She is just playing with my anxiety and emotions.

Avery - you are not being very nice to your mother!

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon and I cannot wait to ask him what causes ONE stinking contraction! Or have I become completely delusional and am mistaking something else for contractions!! Sadly the second option is probably the one that my husband and family would tend to lean toward.

No comments: